The Royce Library Recovery Project seeks to provide the scholarly community with access to the personal library of Josiah Royce. While doing research in the accession records at Harvard University Archives, I came across information suggesting that the libraries at Harvard University house as many as 989 volumes formerly belonging to Royce.
Currently I have identified and cataloged a total of 488 books and pamphlets. Highlights of my current findings include Royce’s copy of Friedrich Goltz’s Ueber die Verrichtungen des Grosshirns: Gesammelte Abhandlungen (1881) – which contains two hundred and seventy-seven annotations, as well as copious markings.
The Royce Library Recovery Project launched its fundraising campaign on May 21st, 2016. Since then I have raised $1,975 through crowdfunding and have received a $1000 grant from the Josiah Royce Society.
Please consider supporting the project by giving today: no gift is too small. With your support, I will spend the summer of 2016 finding and cataloging these overlooked volumes.
The Royce Library Recovery Project accepts donations here.
- The link will take you to a secure Paypal donation site registered to my account: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to receive the donor benefits, please include your name and email address in the space provided.
- Please note that because this project is privately designed, your donation is not tax deductible.
- As a personal fundraiser, Paypal takes 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.
- Donations of all amounts are accepted.
If you would prefer to send a check, please email me with the subject line: “The Royce Library Recovery Project” and I will provide you with the mailing information.
Thank you for your encouragement and support.
Ermine L. Algaier IV